Monday, September 3, 2012

School

School started last week and I have very much enjoyed getting to know the kids!  They are all very sweet!  I will be teaching Math, Science and Social Studies to two classes of fifth graders.
 
My incredibly adorable homeroom kids.


There are a lot of things that are very different from my job back home and some of them are going to take awhile to get used to.  Some of them are cultural things and some of them are just differences in the type of teaching position I have.  So far I'm absolutely loving having other teachers to work with and feeling more involved in the school.

Here's a quick tour.

Hallway outside my classroom
Inside my classroom:
I love that the classrooms are open and I get to enjoy the nice weather all day long!

 We get a computer but no way to project anything to the class.  We can bring them to the auditorium to project stuff but that's not very practical when I just want to show a 5 minute you tube video.  I'm so used to having a smartboard it's going to be challenging to get used to not even being able to project things.




View from the soccer fields.


These two buildings are the primary school with a little courtyard in the middle.
From the courtyard, this is the building that was on the right in the previous picture.  My classroom is in this building but on the other side.

Lunch room.  Also open air.  Have I mentioned yet how fantastic the weather is?
View from the lunch room and looking into the preschool.
This is right outside my classroom.  Administrative offices are in the building you can see and the high school is behind that.  The construction is on what used to be the library.  They are turning it into classrooms for French classes that are going to begin later this year.  The library is being moved to various buses around campus.  Bibliobuses are apparently the thing in Europe now and that's what they're going to try.  I remain unconvinced about the merits of this idea, but we'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment